|Getting Started||Get Working||Using Forms and Other Apps|
Microsoft is an online survey tool you can use to gather and analyze data quickly with quizzes, surveys, or polls. Export your data to Excel for additional analysis. With Microsoft Forms you can:
- Create surveys, quizzes, and polls, and easily see results as they come in.
- Invite others to respond to your form using any web browser, and even on mobile devices.
- Use built-in analytics to evaluate responses as they're submitted.
- Export form data, such as quiz results, to Excel for additional analysis or grading.
Microsoft forms is available to users with an Office 365 mailbox and you can login at https://forms.microsoft.com.
Creating A Form
- Login to https://forms.microsoft.com
- Select New Form or New Quiz to begin
- Enter a name for your form and a subtitle.
- Click +Add question
- Select your question type
- Use the Preview button at the top to see how your form will look when you share it with others.
- Login to https://forms.microsoft.com
- Open the form for which you want to review the resultsÂ
- Select the Responses tab
Who Can Submit Form Responses?
By default, only people within our organization can submit responses to your form. If you'd like to change that, open the form you'd like to share and click the more options button in the top navigation bar 'â¦'>>Settings>>Who can fill out this form.
Sharing a Form
Send an email inviting your audience to submit your form by pressing the message icon from the Sharing Options menu.
Send others a custom link to your form by copying it from the Share menu and pasting it in an email, a message, or on a site.
Send QR Code
Let your audience access your form using a QR code scanner or mobile device.
Embed in Web Page
Sharing Through Email
Check out some frequently asked questions about Microsoft Forms
- What is Microsoft Forms?
- What is Microsoft Forms Pro?
- Who can use Microsoft Forms?
- In what languages is Microsoft Forms available?
- Will Microsoft Forms replace Microsoft InfoPath?
- What platforms does Microsoft Forms support?
- Is Microsoft Forms available for desktop and mobile?
- With which web browsers with which Microsoft Forms works?
- Can someone without an Office 365 account respond to my survey or quiz?Â
You can insert a form or quiz into other Office 365 products you know and love. Check out some examples below and visit the Microsoft Forms Integration Center for more information.
Forms and Sharepoint
- You can add a form or form results to your SharePoint Online page to give your Team or group easy access to it.
- Login to your SharePoint Online site and navigate to the page you want to add the form to.
- Hover your mouse above or below a web part and you'll see a line with a circled +.
- Click + to open the list of web parts to choose from. Select Microsoft Forms from the menu.
Forms and Teams
You can create, edit, gather responses, and collaborate on a form in Microsoft Teams using a Tab.
Conduct a Quick Poll
With Microsoft Forms quick poll, you can create an instant, real time poll in seconds by using the Forms bot. Type your question, followed by options. For example: "How should we get customers' feedback? Online survey, Interview in person."Â
- 1. In theÂ ConversationsÂ tab, typeÂ @Forms. In theÂ SuggestionsÂ window that appears, selectÂ Forms.
- ClickÂ What can I do? ClickÂ Your question? Option1, Option2.
- Highlight and delete the placeholder text,Â Your question? Option1, Option2.Â
Add a Forms Tab
- In Teams, go to the channel you want and clickÂ Add a tabÂ
- UnderÂ Tabs for your team, clickÂ Forms.
- In theÂ FormsÂ tab configuration page that opens, chooseÂ Create a shared form that your team can edit, then provide a name for your new form.
- Post to the channel about this tabÂ is automatically checked so you can immediately share your new form with your team. If you don't want to share it right away, deselect this option.
- ClickÂ Save.
The Microsoft Forms connector can help you keep your team up-to-date on the responses for your forms. Just tell the connector which forms you want to subscribe to, and the channel will be notified with a summary of responses each day.
Next to the channel for which you want to set up a notification about your form, clickÂ More optionsÂ 'â¦'>Â Connectors. To the right of theÂ FormsÂ icon, click theÂ ConfigureÂ button.
UnderÂ Choose the form you want to receive notifications for, click the drop down menu and select a form. You'll receive a daily update of responses to your selected form.
Learn more aboutÂ notificationsÂ in Microsoft Teams.
Forms and Flow
You can use Microsoft Flow to create automatic processing workflows for form responses you receive. You can do things like:
- Record form responses in Sharepoint Send form responses for approval
- Send a notification when a response is received
- Notify a Team when a new response is submitted
- Track form responses in Excel
- Create a task in Planner from Microsoft Forms and post a message
- Learn more about working with FlowÂ