|Getting Started||Get Working|
Visio is a data vizualization tool that allows users to pull data from locations like Excel or Sharepoint and transform them into diagrams, flowcharts, and timelines.
Recommendation: VISIO ONLINE 2 Updated (February 2021)
- Step 1: Get a price quote from Dell (see contact below)
Hello Sam, Please send a price quote for the following Microsoft Premium app subscriptions.
VISIO Plan 2 - 12 licenses Thanks, Customer
Step 2: Pay for it:
- ITS: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/services/requests/
- Campus: your department billing contact
Step 3: Contact ITS to associate licenses to users. (Service Now)
Step 4: Billing - no action required. ITS will auto-renew and bill for the next year. (Service Now)
- ITS will auto bill via your ten digti UT account number and billing contact.
- The billing contact is the owner of all licenses
- The billing contact can modify users and transfer licenses.
- To modify use the URL above and select Modify
UT Microsoft reseller:
Dell Technologies | Partner Software Sales
- Technically, ITS is not involved until the licenses have been purchased and assigned to the tenant by Dell
- Dell does not communicate their process to ITS
- We rely on the customer to bring us the reciept
- ITS will assign user licenses based on the Service Now request ticket
- Service-Now Assignee Group:
- ITS-SYSTEMS-OFFICE 365
Using Visio Online allows you to:
- Take complex ideas and organize them
- Use templates for things like timelines, flow charts, and more
- Take data from Excel, Access, or Sharepoint to create dynamic diagrams.
Getting a Visio License
Current university faculty and staff can purchase a license for Visio Online Plan 1 or Visio Online Plan 2 using this form. Licenses will be auto renewed and purchased at the full annual rate on November 1 each year.Â
Accessing Visio Online
- Login to https://office.com
- Select Visio from your available applications menuÂ
Visio Professional 2019Â
Unfortunately, ITS does not support the Visio desktop client (Visio Professional 2019). Please refer to your departmen's desktop support group regarding its softwar acquisition and installation policies.Â
Not Sure Where to Start?
Having trouble finding which Microsoft 365 application will help you accomplish your goal?
Visit the Which Tool When page to help you get started!