|Getting Started||Get Working||Using Stream and Other Apps|
Stream is a video service created for you to upload, videos, and share videos. Take recordings of presentations, meetings, classes, and other things that help your team collaborate and share them securely. Stream makes it easy to transcribe, add comments, place tags, and descriptions on videos you share easily.
Who Can Use Stream?
Microsoft Stream is currently available to current facutly, staff, and students with an Office 365 mailbox. You can access Stream when logged into https://office.com.
Learn how to get working quickly in Stream to record, share, and discover video content.
- Watch List
Channels help you organize content. You can follow a channel to see when new videos are added or bookmark it to find easily.
You can search for channels you want to follow using the search bar in the navigation menu. Once you find the channel you'd like to follow, click Follow.
Trending Videos and Popular Channels
Trending videos are determined by the number of views, likes, and comments they receive. Popular channels highlight channels that are getting attention.
Learn how to upload and organize content with channels and groups for easier permissions controls.
Upload a video to Microsoft Stream using these steps:
- Upload from any page by selecting Create > Upload.
- Select the video you want to upload
- Edit metadata like the title and tags associated with your video
- Select the language your video is in and have a transcript generated for closed captioning
- Determine who you'd like to have access to your video in the Permissions section using the Shared With drop down menu
- Click Publish Now
Groups and Channels
Use channels and groups to help you organize and grant permissions to your videos.
Groups in Stream help organize and control access to videos. Groups have their own video portal that highlights new content and trends within the group. Share content with your group using a Tab in Microsoft Teams or email a downloaded copy of your video to a colleague.
If you would like a group created for you, please email email@example.com and include your group name and owner(s) EID.
You can organize your videos with channels but channels cannot be used as a permission method because they don't have any permissions on their own. Videos can be put into multiple channels to make them easy to find.
When you create a channel, you can decide who has access to it and the videos you share with it using Channel Access. Companywide channels are viewable by anyone in our organization. You can select group channel to associate your channel with a Team you're a member of.
Edit Video Info
Video details, options, and permissions can only be edited by those who have owner permission for the video.
1. Login to Stream and locate the video you want to edit the information for
2. Click the ore menu and select edit
3. Start editing things like metadata, permissions, and settings
Downloading a Video
You can download hte originally uploaded video from stream if you are the owner or uploader of the video.
1. Login to Stream and locate the video you want ot download
2. Click the more menu icon represented by three dots '...'
3. Select Download orginal video
- Edit Video Info
Microsoft Stream works with other Office 365 productivity tools like Teams, SharePoint, OneNote, and Yammer. With these collaborations, you can make it easy to get the Stream experience accross various applications.
Stream and Microsoft Teams
You can collaborate with Stream and Teams by adding a Stream channel or video as a tab.
- Login to Stream and select the channel or video URL from the address bar in your browser.
- Click the Share icon on teh desired video and copy the Share URL
- Open Microsoft Teams
- Open the channel you'd like to add the Stream tab in
- Click on the plus icon on the tab bar of your Team channel
8. Select the Microsoft Stream tab
9. Paste the URL you copied in the direct link section
10. Click Save
Stream and Sharepoint
You can highlight content like a single video or a channel from Stream in a Sharepoint page. The permissions you place on the video or channel in Stream are respected in SharePoint.
Stream Videos in Sharepoint
- Go to Microsoft Stream portal and find the video you want to highlight.
- Copy the URL / link to the video from the browser's address bar.
- Go to your SharePoint Online site and open the page or news article you want to add the video to.
- Edit the page.
- Add the Stream webpart on your page.
- Change the Source drop down to Single video.
- In the Video address field paste in the URL / link to the Stream video.
- Optionally you can configure the video to start at a specific time code by typing a time into the Start at field.
Stream Channels in Sharepoint
This option allows you to highlight videos within a specific Stream channel on your page.
- Go to Microsoft Stream portal and find the channel you want to highlight.
- Copy the URL / link to the channel from the browser's address bar.
- Go to your SharePoint Online site and open the page or news article you want to add the channel to.
- Edit the page.
- Add the Stream webpart on your page.
- Change the Source drop down to Channel.
- In the Channel address field paste in the URL / link to the Stream channel.
- Change the Sort by drop down to sort the videos in the channel according to how you want them displayed on the page.
Stream and OneNote
You can add Microsoft Stream videos and channels into a OneNote page to take notes and add context to videos. The permissions ont eh video or channel you place in Stream are respected in OneNote.
- Login to Stream and select the video or channel you want to share.
- Open OneNote and navigate to the place you want to past the URL.
- You can also select Insert > Online Video
Stream and Sway
Get the Embed Code From Stream
1. Login to Stream and select share from either the video page or when finindg videos through search or browse.
2. Select the Embed tab.
3. Copy the embed code.
Insert Embed Code into Sway
1. Login to Sway
2. Select Cards on the top navigation bar
3. Select Embed, then paste your embed code to the new card